Camden Criminal Defense Lawyer
Building a Powerful Defense for Each Client
Have you been arrested or accused of a crime? The first thing you should do is contact an experienced criminal defense attorney in Camden. At the Law Office of Terry J. Leonard, our Camden criminal defense attorneys use our expansive knowledge of Tennessee criminal law to zealously defend our clients. We do our absolute best for each client, which is the reason we have a superb reputation in the community.
Contact our law firm for experienced criminal defense attorneys in your corner.
Representing Clients Charged with Many Types of Crimes
The impact of a criminal conviction is felt in every area of your life. In addition to the legal penalties, a conviction can tarnish your reputation, embarrass you and your family, and hurt your future employment opportunities and career goals. You need a knowledgeable legal team to ensure that your rights are protected and work to minimize the impact on your life.
We represent clients in criminal cases related to:
- DUI - driving under the influence of alcohol over the legal BAC limit.
- Drug crimes - possession, consumption or other usage of illegal controlled substances.
- Theft - illegally taking items that do not belong to a person.
- Burglary - entering a building with the intention of committing a crime, often theft.
- White collar crimes - financially-motivated crimes.
- Other felonies and misdemeanors
Should I Hire a Criminal Defense Attorney?
The penalties for a conviction vary depending on the type of crime, prior convictions, and other factors. Even if the charges seem less serious and the potential penalties don’t include a significant amount of jail time or large fines, a conviction will result in a permanent criminal record. A record can limit your future opportunities, so it is always best to fight to protect your freedom and reputation. Some reasons to hire a criminal defense lawyer to represent you include:
- Having someone on your side who understands the criminal justice system and how to navigate it
- Having an attorney who will be critical of law enforcement's role in your arrest and the charges being filed against you
- Getting advice on the different possibilities and outcomes of your charges; this can help you weigh your options
- It provides you with the opportunity to mitigate the long-term damages to your career and record if you are convicted
- Oftentimes an attorney will be familiar with the prosecutors in your area and will therefore be better prepared to face them in court
Building the Best Defense Strategy
A multitude of possible defenses exist for various crimes. The key is to find the most appropriate defense for your case. Our criminal defense lawyers in Camden will examine the circumstances and evidence of the case to determine the most effective strategy in your situation. We work to build a solid case and aggressively protect your rights and best interests in every stage of the legal process.
If you have been arrested or accused of a crime, call (731) 224-2016 to schedule a free consultation with our Camden criminal defense lawyers. We also represent clients Benton, Carroll, Decatur, Henry, Humphreys Counties, and the surrounding counties.
Actively Involved in Our Local Community
Zealous Representation You Can Trust
Experienced & Knowledgeable Attorneys